A lot of activities from October 5 to 11 for all fans of House Music
“STARDUST is the thematic representation of the message we want to convey throughout our 2016 programming. Make stardust fall upon our great community so it will shine in all its glory by a bright harvest moon,” says BBCM President Robert J. Vézina.
(Montreal, September 15, 2016) – The BBCM Foundation is pleased to announce the arrival of the New Black & Blue all night main event, STARDUST, on Sunday, October 9 at the Pierre-Charbonneau Center in Montreal.
Danny Howells, Unique and Legendary
This year the organizers are especially proud to announce, for the first time ever at the Black & Blue, one of the global giants of the House music scene, legendary British DJ Danny Howells. He will take part in a special extended set.
Native Londoner (UK), his music is often described as belonging to Progressive House, although he prefers positioning himself closer to Tech House and sometimes being referred to as Progressive. He created his Dig Deeper label in 2008.
“Montrealers will remember his legendary 13-hour marathon set at the now defunct Montreal Aria Nightclub, 13 years ago,” stated BBCM’s Founding President Robert J. Vézina. Other DJs on the line-up lasting 12 hours (10 pm to 10 am) include:
- Ian Key (Montreal), a rising DJ well known in Montreal and Toronto;
- Alain Jackinsky (Montreal), a featured Montreal DJ, very popular in the Gay Party Circuit, U.S.A., and abroad;
- Morabito (NYC), a well-known DJ in the U.S. gay circuit, back after her flamboyant gig at the 2015 B&B 25th
STARDUST: A star-studded night!
The shows and entertainment portions will once again be very creative, stylish and sexy, in traditional BBCM style. Creative Director Yanick Daigle (Garçons Sculpteurs) will be back assuming creative direction for the second consecutive year. The podium dancers are back and sexier than ever! They’re a long-standing tradition and a visual feast for our participants. The lighting and video productions promise again to be even more enticing
and spectacular than last year. All this under Dominic Morrisette’s lighting and Dan
Saycool’s incredible video direction.
The Black & Blue Festival will also be marked by a series of popular activities.
Key events during the seven-day festival:
- Launching Cocktail (Wednesday, October 5) with DJ Max Julien (Montreal) at Le Normandie.
- Presidents’ Cocktail (Thursday, October 6) in collaboration with La Chambre de Commerce LGBT du Quebec, at Bar Le Cocktail.
- Blue Moon Leather Ball (Friday, October 7) with DJs Mike Cruz (NYC) and Marc Paquet (Montreal), at Bain Mathieu.
- Twinkle Party (Saturday, October 8), at Unity with DJs Dan YUL and KeV-J (Montreal) at Club Unity.
- The Big Dipper, Bears & Friends Party (Saturday, October 8) with DJs Stéfane Lippé (Montreal) and Tracy Young (NYC), at Bain Mathieu.
- STARDUST, Black & Blue Main Event (Sunday, October 9) with DJs Ian Key(Montreal), Morabito(NYC), Alain Jackinsky(Montreal) and Danny Howells(United Kingdom) at Pierre- Charbonneau Amphitheater
- Pulsar, Recovery Party (Monday, October 10) with DJs Philip White (Montreal) and Mark Falco (Toronto) at the Bar Le Cocktail.
- Festival Closing Party (Tuesday, October 11) at Cabaret Mado.
Tickets and VIP passes are available: don’t wait!
This year, the main event will take place again at the Pierre-Charbonneau Amphitheater (at the Olympic Park, 3000 Viau Street) Sunday, October 9 from 10 pm to 10 am the following morning. This venue was highly appreciated by participants in 2015
Regular tickets: $105 + applicable service charges.
VIP tickets: $140 + applicable service charges
Tickets for the main event can be purchased at the following outlets:
- Chez Priape (1311 St-Catherine St. East)
- Salon Garçons sculpteurs (1335 St-Catherine St. East)
- Sauna G.I. Joe (1166, St-Catherine St. East)
- Boutique Séduction (5220, Metropolitain Blvd. East)
- Armada by Men’s Room (1201 St-Catherine St. East)
- The Men’s Room – Toronto(465 Church Street, 2nd Floor)
VIP passes (Festival and Weekend) including most Festival events over 7 days ($225) or 4 days ($175) are also available on the web site until October 4th.
BBCM Foundation would like to thank the following sponsors for their new and continued support.
- Garson Sculpteurs
- A & U Magazine
- Le Chateau de Montreal
- Next Magazine
- Fugues Magazine
- Bagage Communications
- Pink Banana Media
- The Buzz
- Chez Priape
- Gouverneur Hotel – Place Dupuis Montreal
- Via Rail Canada
- Plain Bois – Club-Camping-Resort
- No!ze Buzz
- Sauna G.I. Joe
- Sauna Centre-ville
- Rouge Media Group
- Edge Media Network
- Les Tubbies.com
- The Saint At Large
- MP Repro
- Urs Wearbear
- Pump! Underwear
- Winter Party Festival
- Naya Water
- Mojo Drink
- Sauna Oasis
- Fierté Montreal
- Collectif Carré Rose Montreal
- Twin Cities Gay Scene
- Chambre de Commerce LGBT du Quebec
- DanSayCool – Exporateur Multimedia
- Outport – Atlantic Canada LGBT + Lifestyle Magazine
- MP2B Assurance
- Festival Du Nouveau Cinéma
- Musée McCord
- Association Sportive et Communautaire du Centre-Sud
- Armada Montreal
- Centaur Theatre Company
- Woody’s Toronto
- Black Eagle Toronto
- Fly 2.0 Toronto
- Throb! Ottawa
Tourism Quebec and Tourism Montreal, two organizations that acknowledged the importance of the Festival and its evolution through the years, also support it.
Pierre Perreault, Communications and Events Coordinator
email@example.com 514 875-7026, ext. 206